Explorer Scouts (14–18)
TAO Unit – covering Explorers and DofE 8:15 – 10:00 Burghfield HQ
Introduction to Explorers
‘To anyone who hasn’t tried Scouting before, I’d say come on up and have a go! I think that most people don’t really know that Scouting is about activities, friendship and meeting people from other countries. I’ve been in the Movement since I was a Beaver and I still love it!’
Explorers are the fourth section of the Scouting movement. Right from the time of Baden-Powell, there have been arrangements for young people who wanted to continue after their time in the Scout Section, and in 1967, Venture Scouts were formed from the existing Senior Scout and Rover Scout Sections.
During the late 1990s we decided that, to meet the changing needs of young people, there should be two sections for the over-14s: Explorer Scouts for 14 to 18-year-olds, and the Scout Network for 18 to 25s.
The Explorer Promise
On my honour, I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and to the Queen,
To help other people
And to keep the Scout Law
The Explorer Law
- A Scout is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout is friendly and considerate.
- A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
- A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
- A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
- A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.
The Explorer Motto
Uniform and Badges